Godfrapp 9/17/08
K took me to see Goldfrapp last night at the SoDo Showbox, the last of my amazing birthday gifts, and it was stunning! She was lovely and delightful, even though sometimes shrill. When I first heard her newest album Seventh Tree, it seemed a stark contrast to her earlier albums: from glam rock to whispery ethereality. However, now that I've heard them seamed together in a show, there is no contrast, only compliment. She shifted from soft to balls out: from the willowy "A&E" (one of my favorite songs off her new album) and the Air-esque "Happiness" to the panty-dropping "Ooh La La" and the driving closer, "Strict Machine" (possibly my favorite Goldfrapp song of all).
I've wanted to see her play live for quite a few years. If you remember, dearest reader, her cover of Supernature was the inspiration for my burlesque costume!
"A&E"
"Happiness"
"Ooh La La"
"Strict Machine"


1 Comments:
I just looked at the Dita pic you posted on the "inspiration" entry. do I see what i think i see????
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home