Zooey
I lost my little girl. We put Zooey to sleep last night, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. K and I were with her as she went to sleep, and I am glad to know she's not in any more pain. I've had her for 13 wonderful years; she's been my best friend and confidante through everything. Everything.
My room is unbearably quiet without her middle of the night loud shits (and infamous accompanying smell), her morning nudges to get me up and feed her, the clank of her collar against her food bowl, her chirps announcing that she was waiting for me to either lift the toilet lid or to turn on the tap water, and the sound of her cleaning herself (most unladylike!). I will miss our nightly rituals too: her curling in the crook of my arm and up against my rib cage, head tucked under my chin, one paw reaching up to rest on my cheek, all the while purring like the constant motor that she was. And Zooey didn't meow, she simply said, "Mama!?!"
I love her and will always miss her. My Zozo, mamas, pooter, Zuh-zo, pumpkin, kid.


4 Comments:
Sorry.
Lost CB recently (it's up on MySpace).
-- Scott
I'm so sorry. *hug*
awwwwwwwwww. so sorry, nothing harder than dealing with that loss of unconditional, uncomplicated love.
Oh, shoot. I'm so sorry to read this. I will miss her pawing at guests because she wants to play (even if we want to sleep).
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home