My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

27.8.08

Waiting with breath that is baited....

Zooey, my darling girl, has been very sick. It started with a nasty Urinary Tract Infection, for which she was given a 2-week supply of antibiotics. Suddenly, her health rapidly declined. She is not eating; she is anemic; her red blood cell count is well below the "scary" level. And, to top it all off, the vet has no idea what's going on. I had her labs sent to my friend Janean, who is an oncology vet at Washington SU, and even *she* has no idea what the hell Z's labs "mean." I have had to take her in the past two days for complete blood counts and to hydrate her, as she is also not drinking. K and I have had to syringe feed and water her just to get the bare minimum in. It's been so sad and awful.

Amidst all of that, she is still the most purring, loving darling. K walked into my room, and she stood up (a hard thing for her right now), marched to the edge of my bed, and looked lovingly at him. She purred for the first time in quite a few days. She loves him, most animals do. Last night, she slowly curled up next to me and kept close as we slept. It's hard to watch her in pain, but I hope K and I are giving her all the love she needs to get through it.

Light a little candle for her recovery??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home