Deliverance
I am currently lodged in the heart of the South and am taking care of my Mom, who is on the mend! Although it's been good to be here and help my Aunt with my Mom's care, it's been pretty hard to see her so handicapped. Taking care of my Mom is not stressful, contrary to what it might seem--being able to see her and to set her up with a daily ritual has been cathartic and helpful to both of us (her because a ritual helps her recovery, and me because I can see her recovery and not have to imagine how "bad" off she could be).
I consider being here my yearly mandatory "reset" button. Because everything moves at a different pace (slooooowwwww), I am able (no matter what else is going on) to think and to quietly and peacefully self-reflect on the state of affairs in my life. The lake at my Aunt and Uncle's house is wholly soothing and aids in any form of recuperation: mental, physical, emotional. So, it's good, too, that my Mom is here.
For the first time ever, I am here with minimal stress, and my time for self-reflection has revealed that I am, indeed, in a good place on all fronts--it's also revealed that Seattle is "home" and I definitely envision it as such (space, place, and heart). It's the first time that I look forward to returning home: I dreaded going back to CA, partially because the shift in pace is so drastic, partially because I dreaded the smog and heat and the work to which I had to return. Now, although I am happy to be here, and grateful for the opportunity to see my Aunt, Uncle, cousin, and my Mom--and to be able to care for her--I look forward to heading home on Thursday.


2 Comments:
So glad to hear that your mom is on the mend and that you have had time to breathe, relax, and reflect.
happy yo momma is doing better..
z misses ya
i guess i do too... ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home