My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

6.5.08

DeVotchka

Mel took me to a KEXP (local, commercial free, awesome music) VIP show at The Triple Door in downtown on Saturday. What was the event?

DeVotchka.

Holy fuck, was it sweet.

Frances first introduced me to them a couple years ago, although you may remember them from the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack.

No??

Okay--check them out. They're definitely one of those bands that you either really like or really don't like. I like to think of them as Spanish guitar meets German cabaret meets Beirut meets circus freak. I love it; I really do.

Here's a YouTube video from the show they played later that night. If you don't want to watch it, fine, but check them out on pandora.com

We didn't get a trapeze artist, but the night show did. Shoooooot.....

Thanks, Mel!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivan Phillipsen said...

I saw Devotchka in Eugene about a week ago, at a dingy little club. We were standing front an center, inches from Nick's feet and guitar pedals. AWESOME!!! Glad you got to see them too!

12.5.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home