My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

7.7.13

To Every Thing...Turn

I can tell I'm on the right track in life (when not sidelined by extenuating circumstances, like pregnancy) when I can't sleep because I'm too excited about too many things. Ever since I made the decision to leave my old job, everything--every damn thing--has clicked into place so nicely...I fear I may wake when pinched. Curriculum/instructional design fits me like an old glove, yet challenges me daily--just what I need to thrive. And I mean it! My classes at the ol' arts college are lined up; my kiddo is moving to a child care facility near the homestead; finances are slowly recovering from last year's epic crash. Marriage is strong; career on track; kiddo healthy and squealing daily with joy and wonder. I seriously don't know what else I can ask for...Now that the pieces are in place, everything else feels like luxury. Except that Cali calls to me lowly and subtly, but calls nonetheless. There are many days where I'd rather go back home where my people are, people who get what the hell family and community and loyalty mean; let's raise our kids together, as it should be, and re-forge our bonds. Let's teach our kids all we learned (without them even knowing it) by being away from each other for so long. Cali calls....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home