My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

13.5.13

Off to the Races

I'm taking a huge, flying fucking leap of faith right now.... I gave notice at my beloved non-profit and am heading, headlong, back into academia. I thought I was done, but it's like a damn drug--it lures me back. I'll spend the summer writing curriculum and managing a small team of junior editors and then will (hopefully) have a few classes lined up for Fall. One is a literature course at the arts college I love so much; I couldn't be happier at the prospects. If I am not offered classes, the learning resource company will option to keep me on full-time, which would completely change the game for my little family. Best case scenario? I scale back my curriculum/editing work to accommodate the one literature course I really want to teach--that still leaves me a baseline for income plus I get to talk about weird shit with arts students. Done. As long as I can keep the work rolling in from the LR company, I'm golden...I have options. Most importantly? I actually get to have real, honest to goodness time with my kid. None of this in daycare for 9-10 hours a day shit...real time with her, and real time with my working and individual self. Circuity has always been my forte. As for my non-profit...it's been like seeing the wizard behind the curtain. No mi gusta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home