My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

1.2.09

Vino

I realized the other day, while talking to a friend who is in a similar academic-life-boat as I, that my brain is atrophying.

The work I do is not stimulating. I have most of it carved out. The dynamics of a classroom are always interesting, but is that a challenge? No, not so much. It is more stress than challenge. I don't mind stress, as long as it is aiming toward a larger, richer goal.

This is what I'm lacking.

My critical thinking chops are not there. My writing is not there. My desire to read and immerse myself in language and concepts like I used to is not there. I went from a GATE/AP kid to a grad student to...what? Academia has been my life, and it's not working out.

So, I have posted my resume on Monster and the like. I have sent inquiries to the major (read: "good") temp agencies that feed into organizations I admire. I found another Gates job posted. I keep moving forward....

I move forward and I drink wine! Ha ha! Yes, I drink wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home