Nouveau
I started back at NSCC today, 2 early morning 101's. I actually really like teaching this class. It's on pop culture, and I get to talk about Dexter as an outlaw hero. Heh. This quarter feels fresh and snappy, the way Fall should have felt. I'm not sure if Fall was such a mess because I had to put Zooey to sleep right before school started, and I was just unfocused and felt like I fell behind?? Nonetheless, this quarter feels as it should.
I have to get up at 5:30 a.m., but there is something magical about starting the day before the sun does. Now, though, I am exhausted from little sleep and stress over how I was getting to campus if it was still snowing (as it was last night...ugh). So, I'm sitting on the couch in my cozies, watching Anthony Bourdain trek across the Southwest. It makes me miss (gulp) SoCal. I miss the desert, the heat, and the food.
I tried to start yoga today, but the instructor for the class never showed up. Ah, well. I will try again on Wednesday.
My first banjo lesson is Tuesday the 13th, and I am STOKED!


3 Comments:
The teacher at Rain City flaked?
No. I went to Yoga Tree in Fremont. Much more convenient and they do Hatha, which I prefer over Vinyasa. :)
I actually got a sweet deal at Yoga Tree! 2 months unlimited classes for a reasonable price. Once I move, it will be 2 blocks from my apartment. I'm going to try to go again tomorrow at 12.
Glad you found a studio in your neighborhood. I went to Vinyasa last Friday night and it was okay, but the languaging was way off. I'm looking forward to trying hot yoga to see if that agrees with me. Congrats on finding a new nest for you and K.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home