My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

27.4.08

Tasty

I cooked for the first time without using a cookbook. I was terrified, I must tell you. But here's how it went down:

I took chicken breasts (with rib meat), salted and peppered then, and rubbed (breast top down) them in olive oil, fresh thyme, fresh parsley, and fresh rosemary. In the little flap formed by the rib meat, I laid in a few thinly sliced pieces of pancetta; then, I laid asparagus heads, halved, and finely chopped white mushrooms on top of the pancetta. I laid the rib meat flap over this and then added more of the herb rub over the top, along with the remaining smatterings of shopped mushrooms. I then laid the breasts in a baking dish and added 5 cloves of garlic (unpeeled and unhusked for a more subtle flavor) and 1 cup of Sauvignon Blanc. I then baked it for 50 minutes, basting it at the 40 and 50 minute marks. While I did this, Kyle took lime juice from a whole lime, added olive oil, crushed red pepper, onions, garlic, brown sugar, and sauvignon blanc and brought this to a simmer, then added sliced white mushrooms and cooked them on a very low heat for 35 minutes or so.

We were inspired by nothing in particular, but damn! It tasted good and it's super-healthy.

Viva Sunday nights!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wine, herbs, chicken (with skin), mushies, and 'sparagus???? How could you lose?! We've had record heat the last few days, it's killed my will to turn the oven on! I'm jealous!

28.4.08  
Blogger Miss Carousel said...

No skin! I am not a lover of the skin.

30.4.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home