Common Ground Collective
The civic-minded in America often look to other countries to invest themselves in much-needed relief work, but we often forget that relief is needed here, too.
New Orleans’ poorer neighborhoods are still, 2 and 1/2 years later, reeling from the effects (and affects) of Hurricane Katrina. Brad Pitt recently made headlines for starting Make It Right, an organization that is helping to re-build sustainable living in the lower ninth ward. But I’d like to draw your attention to another amazing organization that has been in action since the year anniversary of Katrina’s landfall and is comprised of people working as a collective to re-build and provide much needed, basic supplies to families along the gulf who are still trying to put their lives back together.
I strongly urge you to check out Common Ground Collective’s web site and especially urge you to note their for supplies (from towels to coffee to mattresses).
Perhaps we could all make an effort to collect some of their wish list items at our work places, or at school, and do our small but vital parts? I know I will.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home