Seattle!
HI everyone,
We've finally settled into our respective spaces in Seattle. Yeah!
I made a venture into downtown today, on the bus, for the first time since I've been here. I'm currently at the Public Library and am loving it. My first check-outs: Diane di Prima's Memoirs of a Beatnik and Susan Cheever's American Bloomsbury. I'm also finishing up a collection of essays about fashion and anti-fashion, Michelle Tea's edited volume It's So You, which I received as a xmas gift from Miss Erika.
I will update soon, once I have my internet set up at home (Monday) with photos from the move and K's birthday (let's just say we rocked out on our first night here!). For now, I will say that it is COLD, colder than I anticipated. I have a gorgeous view of the Cascades from my front living room/kitchen window. Yesterday, when K and I left his place, we had a clear and amazing shot of Mt. Rainier. My neighborhood is a bit isolated: there are no coffee shops or markets handy and this disappoints me. However, it is a quiet and lovely neighborhood. My Nana (Dad's mom) passed away on New Year's Eve and this has been the hardest part of being so far away.
Happy New Year, and more updates soon!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home