My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

3.12.06

I heart Cate

In my current bout of sickness, I've been able to catch up on the past two issues of Vogue, left sorely neglected next to my bed. The November issue features Cate Blanchett, one of my very favorite actresses. Ever lovely, ever poised, and ever elegant Ms. Blanchett just finished shooting The Golden Age, the sequel to one of my all-time favorite movies, Elizabeth. I CANNOT wait for it!!!!

"The thing is that you have to be self-aware without being self-consumed. You have to know when it's time to bow out. It's very hard to do that. It's hard to say no...And whenever anybody tells me what I should do, I perversely want to do the opposite. But now I am a bit more grown up...."

My gay boyfriend made me a huge batch of his "voodoo soup," which burns everything as it goes down, and cheered me up by watching The Big Lebowski with me. Between that and my gay husband making sure I am fed and have lots of liquids, I am feeling well-loved through this crap sickness. However, if the zombie apocalypse were to happen right now, I'd be fucked. Pooh.

5 Comments:

Blogger فرانسيس said...

I'm pretty sure we were watching The Big Lebowski at the same time. Damn, I love that move. It makes me miss LA. How fucked is that?

4.12.06  
Blogger Miss Carousel said...

yeah! clark knows all of the lines, so kept piping in and cracking me up. you need to come home so you can meet him. we're the cutest, queerest "couple" you'll ever meet.

4.12.06  
Blogger media sheep said...

mmmm... cate blanchett. She was on Leno last night looking hot as ever. I can't wait until she plays Bob Dylan in the new Todd Haynes flick.

5.12.06  
Blogger Miss Carousel said...

fg: would you really hump my leg if i bought that jacket? ha! reason enough for me!

aw: you have to go with me to see the golden age!! oh! and i really want to watch that helen mirren version you bought.

6.12.06  
Blogger فرانسيس said...

Of course I would hump your leg! How could you even ask?

I'm talking about unchecked aggression; I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand!

6.12.06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home