I knew it!
As I was running about the department today, shamelessly using computer's that I, as a student on leave, no longer pay tuition for, I ran into a professor who at one point in the past hit on me. He asked me what I was up to and I told him about my job search. After learning that my top choice was a 19th century American Lit position at the U of Kansas, he told me he knew the woman who was the chair of the search committee and would drop her an email asking her to flag my application. So, an initial interest in my boobs has now been parlayed into an interest in getting me the job I want. See? I knew they would ultimately pay off! Heh.
I also just got word, too, that my friend Stephanie, who already teaches at U of Kansas, is having lunch with the chair of the search committee this year and she will bring me up, as well. The stars are aligning....
I spent all day on just two letters--yikes! I have my top 3 choices and will spend the most time fine-tuning these. But for fear of burning out, I will try to only run letters once a week and what gets done, gets done; what doesn't, doesn't.
I've decided that what will get me through this process is a lot of Bach and even more red wine!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home