My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

18.11.06

Your Light Overwhelms Me

I went with AW to see Vetiver and Jolie Holland play in L.A. on Thursday night. Awesome.

Before she went on, JH was wandering about the audience (as was Devendra Banhart--or so we think). I asked her if she wanted a drink and she said no. Slightly crushed, I slunk away and thought: she just doesn't know it yet (that she's going to be my girlfriend), but she will. She will.

Great show. She opened with "Roll My Blues" and I knew it was going to be a rather heavy-hearted show. I was right. "And, like the last time I saw her perform, she asked, "what do ya'll want to here?" I yelled out, "Littlest Birds" and she AGAIN obliged me!! Sigh. I do love her so.

Good times, my friends, good times.

Erin is out visiting from New Mexico, so I get to get a little nap in before getting into some mischief with her tonight. Before I do so, I'm headed downtown for a guerilla Gardening fest, replete with live and DJ'd music. Should be fun. We're going to make "seed bombs" (biodegradable seed sacks) that we can then plant at random around Riverside. It's a way to plant things outside of the parameters of city-coded gardening and rigidly boundried agriculture in Riverside. Sweet.

Sarah: David and I realized last night that we both know Eli Richards. Apparently, he's living up in San Mateo. David's really good friends with him and knew Dove really well. In fact, his first tattoo (which is how the topic came up) is an homage to Dove's death. Crazy. When I know what's up with Eli, I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home