My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

2.5.07

Lurve

I have been listening to CoCo Rosie's new album, The Adventures of Ghost Horse and Stillborn, and I am in luuuuuuurve with it.

Like their previous album, Noah's Ark (on of my favorite all-time albums), they incorporate operatic arias with rusty, plucky music box sounds, but this time they throw in some church organ and break beat. Yep. The first 6 tracks are good, and really fun, but the last part of the album just crawled under my skin and nestled there.



The album artwork and cover are amazing, too. The inside of the CD has two fingers, encased in black fishnets, and dribbling blood; I love it. As you can see from the cover, the tone is quite dark and yet entirely playful (and queer and campy, to boot)--again, one of my favorite aesthetic combinations (ala Mark Ryden)--and makes me really want a black, Venetian lace parasol to ward off the summer sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home