OCMS
I just got back from seeing Old Crow Medicine Show in L.A. Fantastic. Though I sorely missed Jesse, who went with me last year, I have to say that seeing it just with D was perfect. I introduced him to their music and we both have mutually bonded over it. And considering the fact that we rarely get to do something with just the two of us AND the fact that he's moving in a matter of months.... I don't know. I just seemed fitting to see it with him.
They played a tighter show than last year. Though a bit of wiggle never hurt a show, this one had snap to it. Highlights? Without a doubt 'Wagon Wheel" (the one we both wanted to hear), "Johnny Get Yer Gun," and "Fall on My Knees." Lots of broken fiddle strings. Yeah! It totally made me want to play the banjo sooner if not later.
D and I got matching t-shirts (his in a boy's style, mine in a girl's but with the same logo) and on his dime, which was very sweet. Drinks, good music, excellent company, and a great venue = fantastic.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home