Milk and Kisses
I saw Wolf Parade at the Wiltern on Friday night and wish it would have been a tighter show. I forgive them, if not for their incredibly adorable singer/keyboard player, then for the fact that their album still fucking rocks.
I'm also heading into L.A. this month to see Old Crow Medicine Show on the 5th and CoCo Rosie on the 8th.
Though I haven't done this in a while, Sarah has noted that she likes it when I do. So here's a list of music I'm loving right now:
1. Neutral Milk Hotel, Aeorplane Over the Sea
It's sort of like The Decemberists but without the whine and with better music
Favorites: "King of Carrots, Pt. 1," "In an Aeroplane Over the Sea," and "Ghost"
[Ivan and Shane: I am almost certain you'd both love this!!]
2. Cocteau Twins, Milk and Kisses
Needs no explanation--I just love them and rotate their albums depending on my mood :)
Favorites: "Violaine" and "Half-Gifts" (the latter just kills me)
3. Caribou, The Milk of Human Kindness
Quirky, jerky and a bit spastic. If you like Animal Collective, you'll like this.
Favorites: still working on it
4. The Slits, In the Beginning (Live)
Fantastic Brit-Punk girls.
Favorites: "In the Beginning" and "Vindictive"
5. Vetiver, To Find Me Gone
I've mentioned Vetiver before. This is their new album-lovely folky boho.
Favorite: "Been So Long" (opening track)
6. Blonde Redhead, Misery is a Butterfly
Catchy goodness, with a hint of early Cocteau Twins (without Liz Fraser distinctive voice)
Favorites: "Doll is Mine" and "Anticipation"
7. Band of Horses, Everything All the Time
They sound like an even tighter version of The Shins (Oh, Inverted World, not Chutes Too Narrow--the latter of which I am not too terribly fond)
Favorites: Definitely "The First Song," but I'm still working on getting over loving the album as a whole, so haven't parceled out the details yet


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home