Soul-Satisfying
Now that my second chapter has been submitted, and while I wait for revision notes and prepare to teach (and teach) summer sessions courses, I realize that I will have little time for the next 2 months to work on actually writing my next chapter. That said, I've resigned myself to this and decided to read through some beloved theory/cultural studies, stuff that I've been *dying* to read and will get me thinking about chapters on Gayl Jones and Kara Walker. My dissertation will ultimately turn (in the last two chapters and in various whacky footnotes during the first three) toward reading the 19th century through a queer theory lens and...well...the thought just delights me!
On the job front: Mt. St. Mary's College in L.A. has scheduled an interview with me for a survey literature course. Facilitating my move to L.A. as quickly as possible is paramount to me at this point, so this is good news. The rest of my world is in order and all is well. I haven't felt this grounded and motivated in some time.
So, here's my newest "What I'm Reading" list, which I will devour with relish:
1. Thinking Through the Skin (Transformations) by Sarah Ahmed
2. Appropriating Blackness by E. Patrick Johnson
3.Disidentifications: Queers of Color and the Politics of Performance by Jose Munoz
4. Posthuman Bodies (Unnatural Acts) by Judith Jack Halberstam
5. The Archive and the Repertoire: Performing Cultural Memory in the Americas by Diana Taylor


3 Comments:
Where is the anthropology? Does "cultural studies" equal anthropology w/o reading anthropology?
Knock 'em out, girl! I'm sure you'll do well in the interview. Let me know when it is and how it goes!
thanks, pinball! i will. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home