What I'm Listening To
1. Dry, PJ Harvey
Favorites: "Happy and Bleeding," "Sheela-Na-Gig" (best line ever: "Gonna wash that man right outta my hair...Gonna take my hips to a man who cares"--ha ha!), and "Plants and Rags"
2. Grace, Jeff Buckley
Favorites: "Lilac Wine," "Lover, You Should Have Come Over," "Hallelujah," and "Dream Brother"
3. Ring of Fire, June Carter Cash
Favorites: "Ring of Fire," "Far Side Banks of Jordon," "Wildwood Flower," and "Jackson"
(though it is sacrilege to say so, I have to say I *love* Reese Witherspoon's version of "Wildwood Flower" even more than the original!)
4. One Jug of Wine Two Vessels, Bright Eyes/Neva Dinova
Favorites: all of them
5. White Blood Cells, The White Stripes
Favorites: "Fell in Love with a Girl," "Little Room," "We're Going to Be Friends"
6. Catalpa, Jolie Holland
Favorites: "All the Morning Birds," "Black Hand Blues," "The Littlest Birds," and "Ghost Waltz"


1 Comments:
"Far side banks of Jordan", hey, I've been there. Haven't been to Jackson, though.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home