My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

4.1.06

Chapter One

Sarah reminded me, during her visit, that I had not kept ya'll up-to-date on my dissertation's progress. Well, I submitted the initial draft of my 1st chapter (on Melville's Moby Dick) to my director in early December and just received revision notes and words of encouragement in an e-mail today! She's pleased with it and, with some minor revisions and editing, I can send it to my other two committee members. After I send it off, they will either sign off on it or suggest further revisions. But, nonetheless, the ball is rolling and I plan to get the chapter cleaned up and sent to the other committee members early next week, leaving me the rest of this week and the weekend to revise it. Yay!

I've been reading for my second chapter, so things are moving as they should.

For those of you who know her: Erin visited last night and it was good to see her! She is doing well and is living with a friend in Santa Fe, and will begin teaching at a local community college at the end of the month. Go Erin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home