My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

19.7.09

Proud Mama

Look how much they've grown! Compare to my photos from 6/8/09. Woo hoo!

The lovely tomato plant!




We've counted 9 tomatoes that are coming in on the plant. Here's a close-up of one of the bigger ones:




Here's the basil! There will be plenty of leaves to make pesto, shrimp/tomatoes/basil pasta, and caprese salads. Yum!






And my thyme is enjoying an impressive, albeit later, growth spurt:



I just transplanted my rosemary, which now has four branches, to a larger pot, so it can proliferate.

The tarragon is also enjoying a later growth spurt, but when I checked her this morning, she has a lot of new growth. Mmmmm....chicken tarragon salad sandwiches for my and K's lunch!
The oregano grew so much I had to cut it back, but we have been sprinkling it on steaks, and I will certainly use a lot of it as it cools down, and I start making tomato sauces again. I also just planted some Italian parsley, but it seems a little more delicate than its hardy brothers and sisters.

And last, Rosie--my lovely little cactus--cheers me each day from her perch in my office window. She likes the filtered light, but I do let her occasionally go out to visit with the other plants.

Okay--think I'm crazy now?? Ha ha.

1 Comments:

Blogger SF Chef said...

And I thought you were going to be a crazy cat lady when you grew up. Instead, you're the crazy plant lady! Awesome. :)

19.7.09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home