My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

5.6.09

Where'd she go?

Okay, it's been too long since I blogged.

So much has been happening the past few weeks...and now that I spend my whole day at my desk and in front of a computer, I don't want to even look at a screen once 5:00 hits! Hence, the silence on this site.

The low down:

I.
My new job is fine. I work from home, which is both great and poses challenges. I have discovered that I can get up at 7:30, make coffee, and stumble into my home office to start work at 8:00 and NOBODY can see how disheveled I look! Yeah! So, I'm going to have to exercise some discipline....

What's great about the job is the low impact stress. There are projects, and hundreds of emails to answer, chats to hold on specific topics, and student email updates to make, but you can take it as it comes. I feel very lucky!

What's also great is that when I pause and take a quick break, I can do laundry, clean up, check on my herb garden (more later), and take a quick walk around the block. I do like this part.

My favorite part though is that when my shift is up, it's up. I am learning how to enjoy weekends without the looming pressure of grading and prep. It is a magnificent feeling and is completely foreign to me. Woo hoo!

II. My herb garden!
Before you can understand how much this delights me, you have to understand that I am terrible at growing things. Terrified would be a more accurate description. I'm so scared I'll kill stuff that I have just avoided it altogether. But with the growing prices in fresh herbs and a deep desire for tomatoes with actual FLAVOR, K and I decided to do a little mild planting. I am super-proud of how they are coming along.

III. Michael visited!
My dear friend and former roommate came up for a visit, and it was wonderful to have him here. He is considering moving to Portland, which would be great. Let's think good thoughts that he will be motivated enough to make the move....

IV.
I've gained some weight and am none too happy about it. Both K and I are pretty upset with the lack of self care we're exhibiting. Yech. So, we've starting walking Green Lake on Sunday mornings and will buckle down and become disciplined about going to the gym (I miss running!). Wish me luck on my slim down.

V.
Mel moves away. She moved down to San Francisco for art school. I don't want to talk about it just yet...too sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home