My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

20.4.09

Isobel

Kyle and I bought a new car together.

I know, I know: in this economy?!?!

Well, here was the situation: my beloved Jetta's transmission was SHOT. I went to my mechanic for a run-down of all the repairs and to get it to safe running speed, it was going to cost me $5000. The car is only worth that much on blue book. With what I still owed on the car, I was going to end up in negative equity twice what the car is actually worth. Ugh. It's been bothering me for some time as to what to do.

After much conversation with K, we decided that if we purchased a new car, the negative equity would only be a couple of grand rather than 5K, and we'd have a new, reliable car. By splitting it with K, it actually saves me monthly expenses, which is great, too. We wanted something roomier than my Jetta and with a hatchback, so when we finally get dogs, there's room in the hatch for them. The gas mileage is the same, same number of airbags, blah blah blah. It's a good deal.

So, we did it.

Behold: Isobel!



Not the best photo, but I was so excited I took this with my camera phone on the lot, just as the sun was waning. I'm sure I will post better photos of our new baby this weekend, as we make the big move.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! Is that a mazda? I like it.

22.4.09  
Blogger Miss Carousel said...

Yep! It's a Mazda 3 hatchback. LOVE it!

22.4.09  
Blogger فرانسيس said...

But, does it smell like a new car?

22.4.09  
Blogger Miss Carousel said...

Ohhhhh, yes!! I love that smell...not the crayola essence of a VW, but a good new car smell nonetheless.

22.4.09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home