Thanks
It's amazing what 4 days off, visibility of a light at the end of the quarter/semester tunnel, and a turkey feast offered by good folks will do for a girl. I've pepped back up, and after a day of eating and then a day of cleaning and sorting, I am back to my self.
I got a glimpse into PPs job description for a field organizer, alongside the salary range, and this has also given me a refreshed sense of optimism. I spoke to Alaska about it a couple of days ago and we both agree that there is something that's "right" that is pushing me in the direction of change. It's time, but I have to wait until something officially opens. When that happens, I will be ready.
I think it's an important ritual, as much as turkey and pumpkin pie, to truly give thanks. K said, as we toasted Brian and Lizzie for being our gracious Thanksgiving hosts, that he was thankful for being in a new city and for having the honor of having met such good people. I concur.
So here are all the things for which I am thankful:
I am thankful for my life, exactly as it is.
I'm thankful for my health.
I am thankful for my people, although they are far away.
I am thankful to each one of you who have come up to see me this past year. Your presence eased the transition and reminded me that I'm loved when I needed it most.
I am thankful for my new city, the rain, the snow, fresh-food markets, a job, and clean air.
I am thankful for the time I had with Zooey.
I am thankful for K, my dearest love.
Salut!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home