My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

5.7.06

Happy Crackers






The early part of my 4th of July was met with a hangover from too much fun the night before. I headed to Kara and Chris' new house (forgetting my camera--doh!) for swimming, Melisa's famous margaritas, Noah time, and lots of food! The latter part of the day found me back home with more of my dearest friends, where Michael hosted a barbeque. His fantastic feast included both spicy and lemony chicken kebobs, homemade hummus, salad, etc. and, of course, beer. D, Michael, Jessica, Eli, Al, Seth, Berna, Adam and I (Don and Aynav opted out) then trekked up Sugarloaf mountain to watch the various fireworks around the IE. It was amazingly clear and quite cool! UCR's fireworks made me feel little and giddy. We heard "the compound" behind Sugarloaf singing a well-rehearsed acapella version of the national anthem, and I remarked that I should have worn my "Where's Your Baghdaddy?" t-shirt as my patriotic contribution. Instead, my Wonder Woman shirt was the closest I could come. All in all: a fantastic day!

2 Comments:

Blogger فرانسيس said...

So, this is what White people do together

6.7.06  
Blogger Miss Carousel said...

hey! there were 3 people of color and 2 jews--doesn't that count for anything? ha ha! ;)

6.7.06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home