My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, United States

"It's a small thing to rage inside your own bowl." --Anne Sexton

17.9.07

Finalement!

The seasons have just begun to click.

Mild temperatures have been a welcome relief to 100+ weather and smog.smog.smog over the past couple of months. I woke up this morning with a shot and realized: I was cold! Snuggling further down into the comfort of K's bedspread, I remembered how very much I love Fall.

My birthday was fantastic this year. My brother was here last weekend, so we did a joint birthday thing (his is the 9th), and then K took me to see Spoon at the Henry Fonda Music Box in L.A. on the big day. The show was fantastic, the drinks overpriced, and the company was perfect, and I realized I was doing exactly what I wanted for my birthday: a good show, time spent with K, mixed cocktails, and people watching. The next night, Jim and Kelly took me out for dinner and wine, and Clark got me a mint-chocolate birthday cake. Woo hoo! We were planning to go up to SF to see Dane, Sarah, and K's best friend, but we were both too tired to make the turn-around trip. Perhaps I have to finally accept the fact that I am slowing down?? Ha! I can't keep up with myself anymore. Hee.

Michael took a couple of photos of K and me just as we were leaving to see Spoon:




If you haven't heard of Spoon: they are not just your standard "indie rock" fare; rather, they're this wonderful mix of Led Zeppelin and Ziggy Stardust--an odd combination that just WORKS. I noticed this especially when they play live. Their new album is still growing on me, but I HIGHLY recommend Gimme Fiction and Kill the Moonlight.

We're starting to gear up for the move, though I know it is still a few months away. K finished his web site, which designers then use to market their wares on job apps, and I've posted a link to it to the left ("My Place in Design"). Of special note is his Portfolio section, where you can see images from the candy box design with me on it, and the logo for "Ooh-La-La Chocolates," which also has an image of me.

K continues to amaze me in these really wonderful ways; he is a constellation of small miracles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home